disclaimer: this is the life and times of meredith r. mistletoe. i'm making a slight attempt to disguise my identity and hide things that i write about and pretend i don't feel things i do. but if you read this and i don't know you read it, then you read it at your own risk. and you should let me know you're reading it... especially because a lot of the time things need clarifying or aren't quite true anymore or etc etc etc.
note: potential employers: please do not judge me on my diaryland. that's lame.
2007.09.18 3:56 p.m.
Nope. I am just not good at blogging.
And now it's been far, far too long.
Home was good. Hung out with my mum. Wasn't terribly social. I didn't really even tell people I was home.
Things I did:
- Had a 4.5 hour stopover in Winnipeg. I wanted to punch people. Instead I got a little tipsy in the airport bar by myself.
- Attended/photographed my mother's 60th birthday party (that's old). Sooo much fam. My uncle and his four daughters and three grandkids came down, plus all the regular fam. Most of my mother's friends stopped by, lots of good food, wine (I made sangria!)
- Went to Amigos and visited with some peeps. Mostly Ellen, Fraser, Alisin, R.Po, and GillTreen. I felt out of place but it was still alright.
- Went to the lake with my mum. It was so nice out. The land was gorgeous. If I'd never moved away I'd never have appreciated the prairie like I do now. Steve-Dave came and hung out on the beach one of the days and we drank beer (Rickard's White, so good) and did crosswords. We went to the Silver Sword and Chalice in Hafford again. It was awkward and ridiculous. Places like that are much better to talk about than they are to actually visit. Mum and I went out to the old Ukrainian Church and sang Christmas carols. I climbed a hay bale and sat in some barley fields.
- Had delicious veggie burgers with Ellen at the Yard. So good. Both the talk and the food. We discussed the We Are Many Festival, which looks really promising. Maybe it will actually get people moving in an activistic direction. Maybe even me...
- Went to Stardust with SteveDave. Two thumbs up. I love epic fantasy. I love babes. I love Robert DeNiro in this movie.
- Had grilled cheeses with Const and Steve. We were very funny. We went to see Superbad. It was very funny and Martha was very good and I was very jealous.
- Went to the livingroom twice. Was disappointed both times. But hanging out with Steph was nice.
- Knitted. I don't know why I was so into this for a couple of days there, it hasn't stuck since getting back.
- Related to my brother. Well, a bit, anyway.
- Had dinners with the fam. A decade later and still I don't know how to relate how awful I feel about being vegetarian around them.
- Saw Ethan and Rachel. I like those babies a lot. Even though they definitely aren't babies anymore. I think Ethan's quite funny and clever. I said to Rachel "What's up dog?" Rachel said "Woof!"
Other things I have done since then:
- Worked an awful lot. An awful lot. It's good though. I do like skydome. I never dread going and since I've started drinking coffee like water, I'm pretty fun.
- Went to V Fest with Christopher Dale The Little Whale. He's one of my favourites from college. He lives in Oshawa these days so I never see him. He's moving back though. I did love seeing Bjork and getting free things, but I don't think giant outdoor music festivals are for me. Too many crowds and idiots. And I wish that I'd seen K-os and M.I.A.
- Hung out with Sarahb a lot. I don't know how I survived the summer without her... if anyone embodies the spirit of Party All The Time, it's her. She's just so good at it. And up for going anywhere/partying with anyone. Low standards, that's the ticket!
- Partied all the time. Went to an awkward house party with Sarahb and brought SC along with me on account of he was drinking alone. And because I like him. I'm glad he came because at least we got to catch up and then the party wasn't a total waste.
- Went out til 4 a.m. the other night, the bars are licensed later during film fest. It's a terrible idea. Everyone was way too drunk and gropey and gross. I had my crotch grabbed on the dance floor. And not by anyone I knew. Gross.
- Had dinner and stuff with Miranda. I haven't grown tired of her. I'm still really glad that she's sticking around this year.
- Went to a Weather Station and Nick Rose show. I love when they play together. I get to see my two most favourites in one night. I hung out mostly with Tam's mum, who is lovely. She made me eat a lot of nachos and says she'll sell my magazines in her art store if I want. ("And when you're ready I know some publishers...") Very sweet.
- Last night I went to Browning's fundraiser for this TV show I'm doing a voice for. I went after work and missed most of the show but I saw some comedy shorts and met some comedians and "networked" (not really). Mostly just hung out with SJ and drank beer. Browning is the one who works at the casting house that I'm going to take improv from hopefully soon. He is ridiculously nice. And he was apparently going on at SJ about how great I am. I like when that happens. I want to get in with the comedy scene. Get RIGHT in there. Like my penis in your vagina.
I'm having troubles getting things done and being a responsible and productive member of society. I'm good at avoiding things.
I realised just how many things I want to do/plan on doing. It's an incredible amount of work, and I'm not even getting started properly. UGH!
this is more up to agent, but still
we are planning to start up in earnest. Hopefully? Well I bought us matching shirts anyway... It's an intense project though. Dancing? Singing? Lyricising?
I need to just keep and keep and keep at it. and take my camera with me everywheres
I need to submit more, get feedback more, edit more, sit down and write properly
The still un-named, ever-in-production, beast weighs me down. I think about it constantly and do no work on it. I'm getting too old to play highschool, so what's the point, etc? But I can't let it go
This is a great idea for a film. If I would just sit the fuck down and write it...
We're supposed to start meeting... theoretically. organising people is very hard. making myself do anything productive is harder still.
Ice Cream short
I want to make a short film set in Big Chill. I will not get around to doing it before the end of the season. that's sad.
I've been saying I want a play in the Fringe for at least a billion years. I should probably actually get on that. Especially if I'm planning to write it...
Planning to put up the two that I wanted to do just before I moved here.
FUCKING HELL. I have such, such good ideas and absolutely no follow-through.
TOO MUCH PARTY ALL THE TIME.
I'm making spaghetti and I'm going to
bake it with cheese!
previously - and then
*oh random entry*
all the diarylands. - 2008.02.21
I move my head. - 2008.01.27
read the other one. - 2008.01.21
was Medium? - 2008-01-17
Or maybe I won't. - 2008.01.15
diarylanded oldered profiled emailed
guestbooked noted surveyed surveyed2 pictured